What is Sugaring & Why Should I Try It?
Through my desire for all things nurturing and luxurious, I found Body Sugaring! I know you’re wondering what the heck is Body Sugaring! Sugaring is such an amazing and safe form of hair removal from Egypt, dating back to somewhere around 1900 BC. The Sugar Paste only adheres to dead skin cells unlike HOT wax! Which by the way Sugar Paste is the same temperature as your body, therefore there is no way of getting burned! You are also at a lower risk of getting those pesky and often painful ingrown hairs, because with Sugaring we “flick” with the direction of the hair growth instead of against like waxing. Plus, with each service you are anointed with a wonderfully soothing Bulgarian Rose mist and rich healing Tamanu Balm created by a line I just adore Beauty Archaeology.
Sugar Paste is completely natural made from Lemon, Sugar and Water. I’ve taken it one step further and I use only Certified Organic and Fair Trade Sugar Paste from Tamara’s Sugar, only the best for my clients! Come in and see for yourself how purely delicious being Sugared can be!
A few FAQ'S ABOUT SUGARING
What should I do to prepare for my appointment?
Your hair should be at least 1/8th of an inch long for best results. Anything shorter than that and we will attempt to extract it, but a follow up appointment might be needed. Clean, dry skin is needed to apply our sugar. So please come showered and do not apply lotions, oils, deodorant, fragrances, etc. to the skin on the areas to be sugared prior to your service. Make sure to exfoliate your skin, but not 24 hours before your service. Please inform us of any allergies, sensitivities, conditions, or medications prior to your service.
It’s that time of the month, can I still get sugared?
Yes! You may be more sensitive in the few days leading up to your period and the first few days of your period. Some clients take an Ibuprofen 30 minutes prior to their appointment.
I'm Pregnant, can I come in for a service?
First of all, Congratulations! What a blessing! YES! You can be Sugared!
- If you are in your last trimester of pregnancy, I want you to know that I do require a note from your physician permitting that anything on or around the bikini area may be sugared. The reason we have this policy is because some services may cause over stimulation to the body, which can force a woman into labor.
Who cant be Sugared?
- Please have a doctor clear you for sugaring if you are taking medications that thin the skin (such as Retin-A), blood thinners, or medications that cause you to be sun-sensitive (Example: Acutane, Differin, Renova).
- I cannot sugar over moles, cold sores or broken skin
- Did you just get a chemical peel on your face and now you want to be sugared? I ask that you please wait 7 days before getting sugaring done on any area of your body that has experienced a chemical peel or microdermabrasion.
Do you offer touch up services for Sugaring?
Absolutely! I offer $15 (women) and $25 (men) “touch up” appointments for those who need a little more attention on those early blooming hairs, within 2 weeks (14 days) of your last appointment.
What do I need to know for after Sugaring Care?
- 24 hours after your service stay clean, cool and free from friction.
- 24 hours after your service refrain from strenuous activity that might get sweat/bacteria on the freshly sugared area. This includes working out and or sexual activity. Doing these things will increase the likelihood of ingrown hairs (which you don’t want!)
- Please don’t suntan (tanning beds included) 24 hours before or for about 48 hours after you’ve been sugared. You are freshly exfoliated and we want to avoid sun damage and burning.
- You can begin to exfoliate the Sugared area 48 hours after your appointment. Please do so! It is so helpful to combat those pesky ingrown hairs, that like to rear their ugly little mugs!